Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wedded bliss...

'Tis the season of weddings, and alas, I was not immune to them this summer. And thank goodness, I needed a good excuse to get out of Dodge for a few days!

Here's some shots of the memorable occasion.

The bride's friends from law school diving right into the cake, if only by accident they got to taste the frosting...  They were getting a nice little bunch of white flowers to top the cake off.
 


 Getting Suzy all tied up for the main event.



 The brides and bridesmaids bouquets.



 Brother, John corralling the cute little flower girls. Although really fidgety, they did awesome through the ordeal. Apparently, the sister/bridesmaid in the flowery dress had a bug crawling up her thigh that she couldn't get rid of since she was in front of all the guests, but she did do her share of squirming.







 Announcing husband and wifey!!!







 First dance of the wedded couple, they have no idea what's in store for them, as they were laughing and talking through the whole dance...



 Groom and mother, bride and father.



King salmon brought down from Alaska by the bride's father for the next morning's family breakfast. AMAZING. In fact I took some home, and it's in the fridge right behind me.... I'm going to need to take a snack break now... 

The happy bride and groom sorting through the wedding loot.



And, as I've said before, the best gift they've received, my gift of antique blue goblets. They'll for sure be able to overcome any obstacle in their marriage if they just use these goblets often ...and preferably with each other.


A practical and very decorative gift of hand embellished kitchen towels from our aunt. It made me wonder if by chance I got married, would I make out with as nice of towels? I sure hope so :)


And would you believe, my 93 year old grandmother is still whipping up hand embroidered goodies for gifts? Seriously, I've got arthritis in my mid-thirties, that makes me complain about sewing on a button. She amazes me. I had better start taking care of my hands a little better or I'll need to move in with my grandma so she can take care of me.

And despite the hangover from too much "fun" the night before, the groom could still muster up the energy to display his enthusiasm over getting a George Foreman grill.








 





No comments: