Thursday, June 16, 2011

Where does the time go?

So I missed posting anything in April or May, and now here we are half way through June!

I've been working extra here at the stand trying to get the sitting area put together...

My mummer got a good start on cleaning up the pads... I put that lady to work!





I got 12 yards of gravel and dirt shoveled out of the foundation behind the espresso stand. It needed to get taken down a little bit so that I could bring in some sand to lay the pavers and rock in... Holy smokes! That was a work out. I did enough whining that my brother offered to come in with his little excavator and loaded it on his dump trailer for me. He thought I should just shovel it on by hand... Like I'm super woman or something... Well, I might be, but that's just a huge waste of my strength! I should be lifting school buses off children and deflecting speeding bullets. Thank goodness for brothers with big toys.



Small sized operator in training...



In an attempt to prove that I can do anything... I mixed up some concrete to patch the crumbly edges on some of the pads. In all fairness I should mention that I did get some help from Joe. Though he talked the talk, he never had played with concrete before either.



I thought we should definitely put our names in it... but Joe was very reluctant. He did however put his foot in it.

No comments: