Thursday, June 16, 2011

Seattle in the spring...

How excited was I? Oh, very excited!!! I got to leave town for the day. Crazy I know! A certain someone wanted me to go to Seattle with him to see his sister play in the show Guys and Dolls. And man was she good, in fact the whole musical was great!

Of course there were no cameras allowed inside the theater... so no pictures of that, but here's the rest of it:



Saturday morning we made our way down to Pike Street Market, of course. Our hotel being a mere four blocks away, we walked, and window shopped along the way. And had breakfast. I should have taken a picture of the salmon eggs benedict I ordered. Holy yumminess.







These gorgeous green and jadeite glasses were in a store that was NOT open. Thank goodness. I thought I had to buy them and take them home with me... There goes the rent money.




This store was located in a very quaint little enclosed patio with lots of little retail shops... I should have gotten a picture of the whole thing... but here one of the little planters in it. I like the little plants planted in the pots... I want a few of those for around my espresso stand!




When we arrived in our hotel room, Joe went to the window to open the blinds and look out the window, and immediately a seagull dives for our window sill and lights there... looking for food. Of course Joe, not one to disappoint, obliges with cheese and salami.





I'm guessing we're not the first hotel guests to feed this guy. I could have reached out and grabbed his leg I was so close with my camera...

No comments: