Wednesday, January 2, 2008

No pressure...

Well, since many people have been asking for my address... Here it is again:

Dawn Abbott, RPSC
McMurdo Station
PSC 469, Box 700
APO AP 96599-1035

Be aware that if you feel like mailing a package (! ;) styrofoam is a banned substance in Antarctica. Thanks! Flat mail (any envelope, even the big letter sized ones) comes in on all flights coming on to the ice, so it comes fairly quickly, but packages are low priority and can take over a month to arrive here... But it being summer the weather isn't holding up inbound flights like it was earlier, so it may get here in a few weeks!

Keep in mind that I'm probably leaving the ice around February 11th... If I'm not here to recieve it, it'll just get returned to you... eventually.

8 comments:

Tanley said...

Hey Girlie!
I sent your package this morning! yay! I hope you enjoy and that it gets to you soon.
I hope so much that you are doing well.
We love you and miss you!

Peace,
Tan

Mavis said...

and i am working on your package. first you have to tell me if you use a cd player or an mp3 player?

dawn said...

I use a cd player... in my laptop :) Thanks girlie!

Catherine said...

Dawn!

I haven't checked up on you in forever... looks like you are having an exciting life with lots going on! I will mail you something soon!

C

Mavis said...

i did it! don't leave before it gets there.

dawn said...

Miss Mavis!
I love the package of stuff you sent... Love the chocolate, love the caramel, love the cds, love the swimsuit calendar... Love it, love it!

It's almost like it's my birthday or Christmas down here on the ice...

Thanks for all the love.
-d

Lance said...

Hi Dawn,

I just got your blog site from the baristas in Moscow. Its been wonderful to catch up on your mission down under. Even though its summer it looks colder than here! I look forword to seeing you back here in a few weeks and hearing your "tall tales".

Lance
Yellow Pickup Guy

dawn said...

Hey Lance!
I'm glad to hear the baristas are sharing my blog :) I didn't want to be completely out of touch with the coffee circle!
Yes, things are a bit different from Moscow down here... there's quite a few more penguins, a little less snow and a lot more ice!
Funny enough, I heard someone compare their friend to an adelle penguin the other day... I'm pretty sure that it's a sign that we've all been down here a few too many days! It's a good thing that most of us are't wintering over down here... A handy dandy psych eval would keep most of us from staying!
See you back in Moscow soon!