Wednesday, August 29, 2007

In the beginning...

Well, this is just the first of (I hope) many posts and pictures of ice, snow and rock in Antarctica to come. Sounds exciting, I know!!!

Thanks to all my lawn customers of this summer for helping me pay the bills and giving me some good conversations! You don't realize that you were my social life. As sad as that may seem, I really enjoyed it! :)

My last day of work on lawns will be Friday, September 21, 2007. Don't you fret though, I'll be back with my lawn mower poised to cut grass this coming March!

Photo by Morgan Gardner

7 comments:

Mavis said...

next time you're brainstorming ideas for a good time, consult me first. just going by what i've heard (and i could be wrong) antarctica is a cold, passably horrible, god forsaken place and you should visit me instead. crazy girl. is that why you picked a fuzzy boyfriend?

dea said...

Will do some research on practical uses for ice. I'm sure there are some besides freezing meat and making slushies.

The Chuckman said...

No matter what the people who have been there longer tell you, don't put your tongue on anything outside.

dawn said...

Oh Mavis,
You don't know! There's a bowling alley down there... What more could a girl ask for??? ;)

dawn said...

I suppose I will be using the ice to walk on mostly... Maybe I'll use it in some of my drinks too. Like iced tea... Don't you worry Cha-Cha, I keep my tounge to myself most of the time!

karla said...

Pet a penguin for me!

Tanley said...

Hey, what the heck!?
We are all waiting patiently (maybe not) for your comments and pictures...first impressions!

Git on it Girly!